Smile to change the world

=)

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Trip to Vietnam Part 2

Part 2 (Day 1 )


I forgotten one thing to mention in my last post...
When you're at Vietnam....Please be prepared to (as what I went through this 3 days)
a. Prepare yourself with bottles of water if you're here on the Dry season
b. Be ready to handle dishes with fishes...(almost every meal I ate fish)
c. MUST! Eat Vietnamise Spring Rolls!!!
d. Vegetables ( Baby sawi) (mostly all reastaurant we went serves this)
e. Soup with 2/3  green vegetables
f. Know well your mandarin! ( As some part of Vietnam the locals there knows how to speak )
e. Know your numbers well...(the currency , DOng , consist of big numbers..like 100,000) ><
g. If you're out of budget...please spend well on certain areas as some may sell much more expensive than others
h. Watermelons everywhere!!! (all deserts!)

Well...Here are the bits of my 1st day in Vietnam , Ho Chi Minh City
The fight was around 12.30pm...And we reached there around 2.50pm (Vietnam)
We reached to  Tan Son Nhat International Airport .
We flew there by Vietnam Airlines...Free food haha...Fish ><..
The only thing I can see on air is big fluffy clouds creating small turbulance ( kinda fun!)
But seriously the clouds here were truely huge and shapy
On our arrival...
I chased our luggage from the luggage counter and practically looking high and low for that bag
Next , We saw our tour guide .. He introduced himself as Mr Hai..
He was LIKE a tour guide...not like my previous visits to other countries...I was hoping for a lady to be our tour guide but we cant be choosy...(Girls are more INTO their job and more knowledgable as what I know)
He was okay and the begining as slowly I realised I could not REALLY understand what he is saying...
(Vietnam American English) I could pick up some of his words...

Then the driver drove us to Restaurant The Chateu for lunch
Vietnamese Language is a mixture of France, Cantonise, Mandarin and Hakka...
SO thats why its called Chateu
Here again...Fish...is served as a main dish...
Fruits ..Watermelon...haha...but one thing is special here...that is the Cravings of pineapple in to a chicken! haha...
Ps...Drinks need to pay...>< We din know that the drinks needs to be paid as what we thought that foods come with drinks...
After filling our tummy, we went to the President Palace...Here is all the meetings and all important political stuffs happend in the olden days were agreed here...
Then, We went to the War Reminants Museum...
Pity the Vietnamese people in the days where they were colonised by the Europeans ( not sure which)
the toxic gases harming the foetus ..you just need to experience it urself then you will knw why...
Missles , guns, ammo...and many other reminants of the war is published here...Headless people , deformed people , dead children and women were all killed mercilessly in the war...

As we carry on with our trip...IT drizzled...
But still it did not stop us from visiting the Minh Phuong Art Centre...HEre is where all creativity level and patience comes to be tested..You can see how the people here try to varnish and (dunno how to say this) put the egg shells and Seashells to form an art ...Seriously You need patience and also skills...
Continuing our journey...we went to the famous Notre Dame Catholic Church...We din get to enter as it was the church's service is going on...Sad ...=( I was hoping i could see and enter this famous , huge and beautiful church...but we manage to get a glimps of it from outside the church...It is really unfortunate for us as it was really a waste...Opposite the Church is the French Post Office...HEre ..um..cant really explain...but it is also a tourist attraction....inside it looks like the olden days post office...(Harry Potter 1) really very old...Left and Right of the Post Office , there is a shop selling souviniers...~ Fixed price but still kinda cheap~..haha

Continue later~~~





No comments:

Post a Comment